Jamar® Hydraulic Pinch GaugeJamar
The JAMAR Hydraulic Pinch Gauge is designed for use in personal hand strength testing applications, specifically the measurement of tip, key and palmar pinch. The JAMAR Hydraulic Pinch Gauge can be used effectively as a diagnostic tool, or as a means of monitoring progress of rehabilitation of the hand.
Ideal Testing Position
Research indicates that position of the upper extremities significantly affects pinch strength measurements. Findings suggest that for optimal and consistent results, a standardized Therapists recommends the following testing positions:
- Patient should be seated
- Shoulders adducted and neutrally rotated
- Elbow flexed at 90 degrees
- Forearm and wrist in neutral position
- Dual-Scale Readout: The JAMAR Hand Dynamometer displays pinch force in pounds and kilograms up to 45 lbs
- Peak-Hold Needle: Automatically retains the highest reading until rest. Red indicator needle remains at maximum reading until reset. Ideal for easy recording;
- Accurate and Reproducible: The JAMAR Hand Dynamometer is isometric in use and allows almost no perceptible motion of the handles, regardless of grip strength. Along with a comfortable grasp the JAMAR Hand Dynamometer ensures accurate and reproducible results.
- Handy carrying case
- One-year warranty
- Made in U.S.A.