Heat Stress TrackerKestrel
The Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Meter is a trusted and accurate handheld, portable, WBGT (Wet Bulb Globe Temperature) measurement tool and environmental data logger. No need for distilled water, bulky globes, complicated setup or expensive equipment.
Set the appropriate WBGT thresholds for flag warnings and the loud buzzer, bright LED beacon and on-screen warnings provide instant notification of dangerous conditions. The Kestrel 5400 even comes preprogrammed with several athletics, industrial, and military guidelines to further ease the set-up process.
Unlike other WBGT meters on the market, the Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker is a full-featured weather meter as well. Measure wind speed, maximum wind gusts, temperature, humidity, pressure, wind chill, density altitude and more. No matter what your activity, the Kestrel 5400 provides insight into the critical conditions affecting safety, performance and success. The Kestrel 5400 with LiNK wireless data communication adds a compass for tracking wind direction as well, expanding its usability to include HAZMAT response, and even measuring headwind at the running track!
The Kestrel 5400 is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can be used anywhere needed to keep athletes, workers, military personnel and animals safe from heat injury.
The Kestrel 5400 tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data. Your data log can be transferred to a iOS/Android device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a Windows/Mac device with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).
- Wind Speed | Air Speed (mph | fpm | Bft | m/s | km/h | kt)
- Temperature (˚F | ˚C)
- Wind Chill (˚F | ˚C)
- Relative Humidity (%)
- Heat Stress Index (˚F | ˚C)
- Dewpoint Temp (˚F | ˚C)
- Wet Bulb Temp (˚F | ˚C)
- Station Pressure (inHg | hPA | psi | mb)
- Barometric Pressure (inHg | hPA | psi | mb)
- Altitude(m | ft )
- Density Altitude (m | ft)
- * Wind Direction (Cardinal Points, Degrees)
- * Crosswind | Headwind | Tailwind (mph | fpm | Bft | m/s | km/h | kt)
- Thermal Work Limit (TWL)
- Wet Blub Globe Temperature (WBGT) (˚F | ˚C)
- Globe Temperature (˚F | ˚C)
- Naturally Aspirated Wet Bulb Temp (˚F | ˚C)
- Made in U.S.A;
- Most user-friendly WBGT meter on the market with 5 year warranty;
- Measures Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT), Thermal Work Limit (TWL), heat index, temperature, humidity and much more. 15 measurements in all.
- Waterless! Natural Wet Bulb Temperature accurately calculated from on-board digital sensors with no tedious setup or maintenance.
- Roughly 10,000 data points. 4000 series all had under 5000 data points.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for use in low-light conditions.
- Handheld, portable, data logger with customizable warning flag settings, graphing and measurement statistics.
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth low energy® provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards).
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- All meters include both options of Red (NV - Night Vision) & White backlights.
- * LiNK Connectivity & Kestrel LiNK Mobile App
- * Backlit Display switchable white or Night-Vision preserving red
What's included with the Kestrel 0854ORA 5400
- 0854ORA 5400 Series Heat Stress Tracker Meter
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery
- Instruction Manual
- Vane Mount (LiNK Model only)
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth Smart®
- Kestrel Case with Belt Clip Strap
- Tripods and Vane Mount
- USB Cables
- Backlit Display switchable white or Night-Vision preserving red
- Wind direction measurements
We Also Recommend