Laser Photo tachometerREED
The DT-1236L is a REED portable optical photo and contact tachometer used for both contact or non-contact speed measurements. The unit displays surface speed measurements in fpm or mpm and is able to save min/max and last readings for a later recall. The handheld Reed tachometer also has an automatic reverse display and comes standard with surface speed wheel, reflective tape, 3 Contact Adapters (2 Cones, 1 Funnel), batteries and carrying case.
REED DT-1236L Features
- Laser light detecting source, long measuring range up to 2 meters, it is useful in the RPM measurement application
where the machine would be a risk to the operator or close access is difficult or not possible.
- The best Tachometer in the world. 2 in 1, one instrument combine Photo Tachometer & Contact Tachometer.
- Wide measuring range from 0.5 to 100,000 RPM, 0.1 RPM resolution for the measured value < 1000 RPM.
- Microprocessor based circuit, crystal time base, high precision with 0.05% accuracy.
- High visible LCD display gives RPM reading exactly with no guessing or errors & saves battery energy.
- Memory with recall function, the last value, max., value, min. value will be stored into the memory automatically.
- The use of durable, long lasting components, including a strong, light weight ABS plastic housing, assures
almost maintenance free performance for many years.
- Patent patented.
REED DT-1236L Specifications
- Photo Tachometer Range: 10 to 99,999 RPM
- Contact Tachometer Range: 0.5 to 19,999 RPM
- Surface Speed ( m/min. ) : 0.05 to 1,999.9 m/min.
- Surface Speed ( ft/min. ) : 0.2 to 6,560 ft/min.
- Display: 5 digits, 10 mm ( 0.4" ) LCD.
- Accuracy: ( 0.05 % + 1 digit )
- Photo Tachometer sampling time: 1 sec. ( 60 RPM )
- Contact Tachometer sampling time: 1 sec. ( 6 RPM ).
- Resolution: 0.1 RPM < 1,000 RPM
1 RPM 1,000 RPM
0.01 m/min. < 100 m/min.
0.1 m/min. > 100 m/min.
0.1 ft/min. < 1000 ft/min.
1 ft/min. 1,000 ft/min.
- Photo tachometer detecting distance: 50 - 2,000 mm typically;
- Laser light source: Less than 1 mW.
- Memory: Last value, Max. value, Min. value.
- Accesories: Carrying case ..................................... 1 PC.
Reflecting tape marks (600 mm).......... 1 PC.
RPM adapter (CONE)........................... 1 PC.
RPM adapter (FUNNEL)....................... 1 PC.
Surface speed test wheel..................... 1 PC.
Operation manual .............................. 1 PC.
How to use Reed Laser Photo tachometer (DT-1236L)
Photo Tachometer Measurements
Firstly select the "Photo RPM " position using the tachometer's Function Switch. Secondly apply a reflecting mark to the object being measured. As any other photo measurements, align the "Laser light beam" with the applied target. During this operation depress the Measuring Button. Verify that the "Monitor Indicator" lights when the target pass through the light beam. Release the "Measuring Button" when the reading stabilizes ( about 2 seconds ).
Contact tachometer measuring procedure
RPM measurements: With the tachometer's function swithc to the "Contact RPM" position, depress the "Measuring Button" & lightly pressing the "RPM Adapter" against the center hole on the hole of the measured rotating axis. After approx. 2 sec while the reading stabilizes, release the " Measuring Button ".
Surface Speed Measurement: Select the " Function Switch " to the " m/min. " or " ft/min. " position. Change the " RPM Adapter " instead of the " Surface Speed Test Wheel ". Depress the " Measuring Button " ( 3-6, Fig. 1 ) & simply attaching the surface speed test wheel to the detector. Release the " Measuring Button " when the reading stabilizes ( approx. 2 sec. ).
Operation procedure for memory call
After you have finished the measuring procedure push the " Memory Call Button " to display the last value. Push the " Memory Call Button " again - To display the maximum value. Push the "Memory Call Button" again - To display the minimum value.
We Also Recommend