Multifunctional Environmental MeterREED
The LM-8000 is a Reed Multifunctional Environmental Meter that can be used as anemometer, hygrometer, thermometer or light meter. Thanks to its specifications, the Reed LM-8000 assures excellent performance and accuracy for a large kind of environmental measurements. It is compatible with all kinds of type K probe with thermocouple input jack. The meter has exclusive photo diode and color correction filter light sensor. Used for air velocity measurements, Reed LM-8000 comes with low-friction ball bearing mounted wheel design and provides high accuracy at high and low air velocity.
REED LM-8000 Features
- 4-in-1 professional measuring instrument: Anemometer, Hygrometer, Thermometer, and Light meter
Tiny bone shape with lightweight and small size case design are . suitable for handling with one hand
- Wristlet design provides extra protection to the instrument especially . for user one hand operation
- Low-friction ball bearing mounted wheel design provides high accuracy at high and low air velocity
- Exclusive photo diode and color correction filter light sensor, spectrum meets C.I.E. photopic
- High precision thin-film capacitance humidity sensor with fast response to the humidity changes
- Standard type K (NiCr-NiAl) thermocouple input jack suitable for all kinds of type K probe
- Built-in microprocessor circuit assures excellent performance and accuracy
- Concise and compact buttons arrangement, easy operation
- Memorize the maximum and minimum value with recall
- °C/°F selectable by pressing button on the front panel
- Lux/Feet-candle selectable by pressing button on the front panel
- Zero button design makes light meter calibration
- Hold function to freeze the current reading value
REED LM-8000 Specifications
- Display 8 mm LCD display
- Measurement Anemometer, Humidity, Temperature & Light
- Operating Humidity Max. 80% RH.
- Operating Temp. 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F)
- Over Input Display Indication of “- - - -”
- Power Supply 006P DC 9V battery (Heavy-duty type)
- Power Consumption Approx. DC 6.2 mA
- Weight 160g (battery included)
- Dimensions 156 H x 60 W x 33 D mm (6.14 x 2.36 x 1.29”)
How to use Reed Multifunctional Environmental Meter (LM-8000)
Air Velocity Measurement
For the Air Velocity Measurements start using your Environmental Meter and select the Anemometer function by pressing the "Function Button". Using the "Unit/Zero Button" choose the unit of the measurements and face the “Air Flow Sensor” to the source of wind. Wait a while until the displayed value becoming stable and note the value indicated.
Temperature Measurement (Thermocouple)
Using a a type K thermocouple probe plugg this into the “Thermocouple Input Socket”. With the "Temperature Function" selected contact the Thermocouple Sensor Head with the object being measured and the reading value will be displayed on the LCD display.
Humidity & Ambient Temperature Measurement
With the LM-8000 into the "Light Measurement" mode, press the “Lux/Ft-cd Button” to select the measurement's unit (“Lux” or “Ft-cd”). Read the light measurements value on the display. For best results you should zero the light sensor prior to use in a dark environment. To achieve this, place the light sensor end of the meter under a desktop or flat surface to block any light. Press the “Unit/Zero Button” setting the meter indication to zero.
Freeze the current value of the measurements by pressing the "Hold Button". Press again to release the hold function.
Data Record Function
Start the Data Record function by pressing the “Max./Min. Button” once. With the REC symbol on the display the meter will show the MAX or the MIN records. Switch between MAX and Min value of the measurements by pressing the “Max./Min. Button”. To exit the memory record function, press the “Max./Min. Button” continuously for at least 2 seconds. The display will revert to the current reading.
We Also Recommend