Data hold LCR meterREED
REED R5001 Features
- Measure inductance/capacitance/resistance with secondary parameters including dissipation
factor (D), quality factor (Q), phase angle (Ø), equivalent series/parallel resistance (ESR or Rp)
- Autoranging operation for AC impedance and DE resistance measurement
- Auto LCR smart check and measurement
- Series/Parallel modes
- Ls/Lp/Cp with D/Q/Ø/ESR parameters
- Support DCR mode 200 to 200MO
- High accuracy with 4 or 5 terminal Kelvin measurement
- Testing frequency is up to 10kHz and output frequency is up to 100kHz
- Dual display with backlight
- Data hold function
- Low battery indication with auto power off
- Dust and water proof to IP67
- Includes test leads and batteries.
REED R5001 Specifications
- Range: 2000.0µH/20.000/200.0/2000.0mH/20.000/200.00/2000.0H
- Resolution: 0.1/1µH/0.01/0.1/1mH/0.01/1H
- Accuracy: ±(1.5% +15 dgt.)
- Capacitance (F=1kHz)
- Range: 2000.0pF/20.000/200.00/2000.0nF/20.00/200.00/2000µF
- Resolution: 0.01/0.1/1pF/0.01/0.1/1nF/0.1µF
- Accuracy: ±(1.0% +10 dgt.)
- Range: 20.000/200.00O/2.0000/20.000/200.00kO/2.0000/20.000/200.0MO
- Resolution: 0.01/0.1/1O/0.01/0.1/1kO/0.1MO
- Accuracy: ±(1.5% +5 dgt.)
- Test Frequencies: 100/120/1k/10k/100k Hz
- Test Signal Level: 0.5 VAC rms typical
- Power Supply: 6 x 1.5V AA batteries
- Dimensions: 220 x 96 x 60mm (8.6 x 3.7 x 2.4")
- Weight: 360g (0.8 lb)
How to use Reed Data hold LCR meter (R5001)
Test Frequency Functions
When measuring capacitance, commonly a 1kHz test frequency is used to measure capacitors that are 0.01µF or smaller. For capacitors that are 10µF or larger, a lower frequency of 120Hz is used. Based on this settings, a high-test frequencies are best for testing very low capacitance components. For large capacitance components, low frequency would be optimal.
When you use this instrument for measuring inductanceinductors below 2 mH should be measured at 1kHz frequency while inductors above 200H should be measured at 120Hz.
Test Frequency Select
The test frequency can affect the accuracy of the results depending on what frequency is selected and what type and value of a component is being measured or tested. The meter has five test frequencies: 100Hz/120Hz/1kHz/10kHz/100kHz. To set the "Test Frequency"press the Frequency Button to scroll through the five frequencies sequentially.
Primary Impedance with Secondary Parameter Test
"Auto-LCR Mode", will check the type of impedance and automatically. To switch from "Auto-LCR" Mode to "Auto-"L Mode, "Auto-C" Mode, "Auto-R" Mode, and "DCR" Mode, Press the Function Button. When Auto-L or Auto-C Mode are selected, the impedance measurement is auto ranging.The Reed R5001's primary LCD display will show the inductance or capacitance of DUT (device under test); the secondary LCD display will show the quality or dissipation factor. Press the Secondary Display/Left Button to display the D/Q/ ?/ESR value. When Auto-R (ACR mode) or DCR mode is selected the secondary parameter is omitted.
Series or Parallel Functions
Most capacitance measurements will obtain best results with parallel mode selected. Most inductance measurements will obtain best results with series mode selected.
When any L/C/R function is selected, the default measurement will be automatically selected. If the impedance is greater than 10kO, the meter will select the parallel mode and “Lp/Cp/Rp” icon will be displayed on the LCD screen. The meter will automatically select the "series mode" in case of 10kO less impedance. “Ls/ Cs/Rs” icon will display on the LCD. You can set the impedance measurement in series mode or in parallel mode sequentially by pressing the Parallel/Series/Right Button.
Press the Hold Button to activate data hold function and "freeze" the current measurement on the display. Press the Hold Button again to deactivate it.
This function able you to reserve the current DUT readings (DCUR) on the primary display as a reference value (DREF). To activate this, press the Relative/Down Button.The secondary display will show the percentage of the relative value (REL%). Press the Relative/ Down Button again to show the reference value (DREF) on the primary display;The percentage range is -99.9% to 99.9%. When the relative value ismlarger than double the referencemvalue (DREF), the symbol “OL%” willmappear on the secondary display.
We Also Recommend