RPM Photo/Contact TachometerREED
Reed model R7100 combines both contact and non-contact tachometers in one single digital device. With R7100 you are able to take fast contact tach measurements from 0.5 to 19999 RPM using a Surface Speed Wheel. The meter is highly accurate as a photo tachometer for any need safely RPM measurements of objects in hard-to-reach places without contact. The photo tachometer function utilizes a precise light beam to provide an impressive range of photo rotation measurements from 2.5 to 99999 RPM.
The meter is highly accurate for 0.05 to 1999.9 m/min surface speed measurements and the memory recall feature can be used to access the maximum value, minimum value and last values obtained immediately before turning off the Measure button.
REED R7100 digital rpm meter features a five-digit 18 mm (0.7") LCD display and comes with a carrying case, reflecting tape marks (length 600 mm) and 3 contact rotational speed measurement fittings.
REED R7100 Features
- Uses the microcomputer (CPU) technique and junction laser technique
combining both a Photo Tachometer (RPM) and a Contact Tachometer
(RPM, m/min) in one instrument
- Offers a wide measuring range and high resolution.
- Recalls Max/Min & last values (simply press the Memory Call Button)
- Contact and photo values can be switched at any time
- Surface speed sensor with flute vails measure speed and length of wire,
cable and rope conveniently
- The instrument is delicate and rugged, using durable and long-lasting
- Lightweight housing is made of a strong ABS plastic, and is designed to
fit comfortably in either hand
- Non-contact function utilizes laser light beam for improved accuracy
- Auto ranging with 0.05% accuracy
- Large, easy to read display
- Low battery voltage indication
- Includes battery and carrying case
REED R7100 Specifications
- Display: 5 digital,18 mm ( 0.7" LCD )
- Accuracy: ± (0.05%+1 digital)
- Sampling Time: 0.8 sec (over 60 RPM)
- Range Select: Auto-Range
- Time Base : Quartz crystal
- Detecting Distance: 50 mm---500 mm (photo)
- Dimension: 210 × 74 × 37mm
- Power: 4 × 1.5V AA Size Battery or .
- 6V direct current stable voltage power
- Power consumption: Approx 65mA
- Measuring Range: Photo Tachometer: 2.5 to 99999RPM
- Contact Tachometer: 0.5 to 19999RPM
- Surface Speed: 0.05 to 1999.9m/min
- Resolution: Photo Tachometer: 0.1 RPM (2.5 to 999.9 RPM).
1 RPM (over 1000 RPM)
- Contact Tachometer: 0.1 RPM (0.5 to 999.9 RPM).
1 RPM (over 1000 RPM)
- Surface Speed: 0.01 m/min (0.05 to 99.99 m/min).
0.1m/min (over 100 m/min)
- Includes: Carrying case.
Reflecting tape marks (length 600mm).
Bag of 4 bolts.
Contact speed measurement fitting.
3 Contact rotational speed measurement fittings.
4 AA batteries
Optional Accessories: Replacement Wheel (REED Model ST-WHEEL).
Replacement Contact Adapter (REED Model ST-CONE
How to use REED Photo-Contact Tachometer (model R7100)
Taking Photo Measurements
When taking non-contact speed measurements firstly apply a reflective mark to the object being measured. Using the R7100's function switch, choose "rpm photo" position and depress the Measure button. The meter generate visible light beam. Align it with the applied target. Verify that the monitor indicator lights when the target aligns with the beam.
Contact Tach Measurements
Slide the function switch to the "rpm contact" position. Install the proper RPM adapter on the shaft. Depress the Measure button while lightly pressing the rpm adapter against the center hole of rotating shaft. Be certain to keep the alignment straight. Release the Measure button when the display reading stabilizes.
Surface Speed Measurements
Slide the function switch to the "m/min contact" position. Install the surface speed wheel on the shaft instead of the rpm adapter. Depress the Measure button and attach the surface speed wheel to the detector. Release the Measure button when the display reading stabilizes.
With this function, this tach can automatically store the max, min value measured immediately before turning off the Mesure buttom. To display this value in the units display, press the Memory button. The "UP" represents the maximum value, the "DN" represents the minimum value and "LA" represents the last values.
We Also Recommend