Test Blocks for DurometersShimana
These Shimana Durometer Test Block Kits are used as a method of determining the operational status of a durometer. Using these test blocks as a reference indicates if a durometer is reading within tolerance. The Durometer Blocks can also be used to train a technician on how to properly take measurements with a durometer.
It is recommended that you verify that the shore durometer is performing correctly before taking on any rubber/foam/plastic hardness testing measurements by checking the hardness of a rubber test block and then comparing it to the calibration data written on the case. Test blocks are not to be used as a calibration device but only as a reference. Durometer calibration must be accomplished by an accredited lab.
For better hardness measurements using a durometer the user must develop the proper "feel" for the gauge. However, for more accurate, repeatable results the use of a durometer stand is highly recommended. Used in conjunction with a durometer the stand will eliminate the operator error sometimes associated with shop floor durometer testing.
For periodic verification of a durometer calibration accuracy take an average of 3 readings in different spots on each test block. The results should be close to those shown on the case within ± 2 HA.
- technicians can perform a quick check for proper durometer operation using these test block kits
- technicians can use these blocks to train themselfs on how to take better measurements with a durometer
- color coded test blocks each of which measures ¼" x 2" x 2"
- 7 Color-Coded Test Blocks for Type A durometers: purple 36 HA, brown 42 HA, green 55HA, orange 67 HA, red 75 HA, yellow 85 HA, black 94 HA
- 3 Color-Coded Test Blocks for Type D durometers: yellow 32 HA, gray 47 HA, white 88HA
- Carrying case 1 pc
- Test blocks: 7 pc for Shore A, 3 pc for Shore D
We Also Recommend